Toxic mold is a very serious health issue for most First Nations communities across Canada. According to the First Nations Centre and National Aboriginal Health Organization, 44% of homes in First Nations communities have mold issues. When you consider the fact that Canadians spend almost 90% of their time indoors the effects of poor indoor air quality can have very adverse health consequences.
At Cambium Aboriginal we understand the importance and need for healthier homes in First Nations communities. Our team of mold experts can help your community test and detect toxic mold in your community homes and develop the best plan of action. We have decades of experience in this area and our services are tailored to meet the needs of First Nations communities.
A mold inspection is typically required in the following situations:
- There are indoor air quality issues in the building
- There is a persistent odour or a damp or musty smell
- Visible mold is present
- Health issues have been linked to the building
- There was a flooding event or any moisture intrusion issues
- A real estate transaction
Cambium personnel will work with the housing departments, industries, building/property managers, home owners, and restoration contractors to:
- Identify mold problems via visual inspection, review of building history, interviews, moisture meter measurements, etc.;
- Provide report identifying scope of work for timely remediation;
- Inspect the remediation work;
- Final inspection and the collection and assessment of air, tape lift, or bulk samples; and
- Provide a final report documenting that mold has been appropriately removed.
The benefits of using Cambium Aboriginal’s mold testing and inspection services:
- Cambium Aboriginal’s field personnel come fully trained and up-to-date in field techniques. You can count on the quality of data you receive and can be confident in the decisions you make.
- Cambium Aboriginal’s field personnel come fully trained in health and safety protocols. This reduces your liability in the field and training costs.
- Cambium Aboriginal offers standardized information gathering and sharing tools. All data can be made available using a web‐based data manager. We can also use client-specific systems if required.
- You realize efficiencies that can be transferred to your membership and your bottom line.
Cambium Aboriginal’s field inspection and sampling services are supported by analytical laboratories that are accredited by the Standards Council of Canada and CAEAL to ISO/IEC 17025 standard. Allow our trained professionals to act as your extended staff to complete the investigative and compliance activities that may be necessary within your assets and operations.
If your First Nations community is in need of qualified and professional mold testing and inspections, Cambium Aboriginal has the expertise and staff to help. We understand that it is necessary to provide a quick and appropriate response to mold proliferation in order to reduce potential health and safety concerns and for the well-being of your community members.
Contact us to speak with one of our qualified staff members to discuss your circumstances and learn how we can eliminate uncertainties and provide you with practical solutions that are tailored to your First Nation’s specific needs.
Let Cambium Aboriginal help.
Contact us today for a FREE consultation at:
705.657.1126 or 1.844.855.8523